- 1/2 C sliced or slivered almonds
- 2 T sesame seeds
- 1/2 medium head of cabbage, shredded
- 8 oz bean sprouts
- 2 C fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 C sunflower seeds
- 1 package of instant noodles, broken up (A spicy package is good here!)
- 6 oz chow mein noodles
- Seasoning from package of instant noodles
- 1/2 C light flavoured oil such as light olive or vegetable oil
- 3 T soy sauce
- 3 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 T granulated sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
Put almonds and sesame seeds in single layer on cookie sheet or similar. Toast at 350°F oven for about 5 minutes, watching closely. Remove from oven and set aside until cool.
In a large bowl put shredded cabbage, bean sprouts, mushrooms, onions and sunflower seeds. Add toasted almonds and sesame seeds.
Mix all dressing ingredients together and add to cabbage mixture just before surving.
Sprinkle dry noodles and chow mein noodles on top very last thing to avoid them getting soggy.
Makes enough for a small army! Just kidding, feeds 8 as a side dish :).