Nothing tastes more like summer than a fresh, minty salad. Add something grilled on the barbecue and you have a match made in heaven.
This chutney can be made up a day in advance and pairs great with any light flavoured fish, like tilapia, white fish or salmon.
- 2 oz or so Pea Shoots
- 1/2 small orange pepper
- 3/4 large cucumber
- 1/2 small purple onion
- 2 medium mangos
- 1 small jalapeno pepper (or sub 1/2 t chili powder in with juices)
- 1 large tomato
- 1/4 C mint
- 3 T lime juice (or juice from 2 limes)
- 1.5 T lemon juice (or juice from 1 lemon)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop all the veggies and fruit small- you want to be able to get a little of every flavour in each bite!
- Chop mint finely.
- Mix juices and jalapeno/chili powder together.
- Mix everything together. Stir well. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve it on top your favorite mild flavoured fish.
- If you want to use the jalapeno but don’t like spicy be sure to remove the webbing and seeds from inside the pepper. If you really don’t like spicy then opt for the chili powder and just use a dash.
- If your fish tends to stick to your cooking surface, place it skin side down or on top of a row of lemon/lime slices. The fruit can get crispy without affecting the flavour of the fish and it will keep a fillet from falling apart.