- 1 inch square knob of ginger
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 C soya sauce
- 1/3 C peanut butter
- 1 T Chili powder
- 2 t smoked paprika
- 1 t ground black pepper
- 1 T white vinegar
- about 1/2 kg of chicken
- (I prefer to use dark meat as it is more flavourful so this works out to about 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs. If you want to use skin on, that’s fine. Just plan to remove the chicken from the frying pan and let rest for 3-5 minutes. The fat from the skin will separate from the chicken in this time and you can pour it away. Use whatever kind of chicken you prefer.)
This is your wrap so use whatever ingredients and however much you’d like. This is just what I love
- 1 oz POPCORN SHOOTS!! (This is one of my favorite recipes for popcorn shoots. The sweet and spicy flavors are a wonderful combination.)
- 2 oz Pea shoots chopped coarse
- 1/3 big red onion either diced or sliced thin
- 1 orange pepper medium chopped
Mince ginger and garlic finely. In a large glass bowl mix all of the marinade ingredients except the vinegar and chicken. At this point the peanut butter will not dissolve. Microwave mixture in 30 second increments, stirring welling each time. Continue until mixture is warm enough for the peanut butter to dissolve. DO NOT allow to boil.
Once mixture is smooth and peanut butter has dissolved add the chicken and vinegar, and let marinate. For best results leave at least 2 hours.
If you chose skinless chicken, heat 1 T of vegetable or light olive oil in frying pan on high heat. Cook the chicken in batches, adding only enough to cover the bottom of the pan. Fry until chicken is cooked through (4 mins). If you chose to use chicken with the skin on, do the same but without any oil and let the chicken rest for 3- 5 minutes after you remove it from the pan and then pour off the fat.
Make a wrap with this chicken and whatever toppings float your boat!