This is my favorite recipe for those days when I’m in a hurry and company is coming! Its nice to have a super fast, easy recipe that is also a crowd pleaser. This one fits that bill.
Plus the walnuts and cranberries are perfect Thanksgiving flavours!
- 4 oz Sunflowers
- 3/4 C Walnuts (any kind, whole or chopped or whatever is kicking around your cupboard)
- 1/3 C Dried Cranberries (preferably unsweetened)
- 3 T Poppy-seed salad dressing (I buy Rennee’s brand, but if you have a favorite recipe send it my way!)
- Toast your nuts in the oven at 350 F until brown. When they start turning colour (watch them like a hawk!), take them out of the oven and let them cool.
- Put your whole sunflower shoots into a bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss.
Seriously, that’s all folks. All there is to note is that you shouldn’t dress sunflowers until you are ready to serve them.
Happy Thanksgiving Neighbours!